The Swiss Polar Institute has an opening for a 9-months internship (80%-100%) in Sion, starting on 1 November 2023. It aims to offer a “behind-the-scenes” view of a science organisation and the management of science programmes.
Aims of the internship
- Contribute to the management of science programmes and obtain a “behind the scenes” view of a science organisation
- Enrich SPI with an early-career researcher perspective
- Obtain work experience in a small team and a dynamic environment
- Support project evaluation processes and management of existing scientific projects
- Contribute to SPI outreach activities and events
- Support the implementation of SPI internal projects (projects database, reading room, etc.)
- Develop own tasks and project within SPI in agreement with the SPI team
- Completed Bachelor or Master degree
- Background in natural or social sciences with a specific interest in polar or high-altitude research
- Languages: French or German, fluent in English (SPI working language)
- Strong links to Switzerland and its research landscape (studies, links with research community and landscape)
- Primary residence in Switzerland
What we offer
- 9 months internship
- 80%-100% employment with a competitive salary (related to qualification level/experience)
- New offices in Sion, Valais, within a vibrant science campus in the middle of a rich alpine environment
- Work in a small team committed to supporting cutting-edge science in the fascinating, but fast changing polar environments
- Half Fare CFF travelcard
How to apply
Should you be interested and match the profile, please send your full application (motivation letter, CV, diplomas, in a single pdf file) by 1 October 2023 to . Only complete application files will be considered.
We very much look forward to hearing from you.