SPI offers a set of support measures to help Swiss scientific groups prepare and carry out optimal health and safety conditions in the field. In view of fieldwork in remote and harsh environments, SPI offers the following:
- Organisation of health and safety courses;
- Provision of a customised field medical kit;
- Access to telemedicine services during expeditions and fieldwork;
- Access to expedition medicine professionals for advice before departure;
- Organisation of training courses for glaciated terrain
- Financial contributions to the cost of HUET training courses.
Additionally, SPI will strive to support requests requiring customised or different resources.
This assistance in health and safety matters is made possible thanks to a partnership of SPI with GRIMM (Groupe d’Intervention Médicale en Montagne).