In the context of the Indo-Swiss Joint Research Programme (ISJRP), the SNSF, the Ministry of Earth Sciences (MoES) in India and the Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR) are issuing a call for Joint Research Projects (JRPs).
JRPs allow researchers in Switzerland to collaborate with a partner in India. The projects will have a duration of three to four years and the funding on the Swiss side will amount to a maximum of CHF 350,000 per project. The grants cover similar costs as those incurred in national SNSF projects.
Part of the call is dedicated to mountain research, with a focus on glaciers or climate research.
The proposal must fall under one of the following subtopics:
- Glaciers as climate archives
- Cryospheric modelling
- Forecasts for heavy rainfall/cloudburst
- Multi-risk early warning systems
- Orographic cloud and precipitation formation
- Aerosols from mountainous ecosystems to act as cloud condensation nuclei and ice nucleating particles
Deadline to submit a proposal: 30 November 2021
For more information, visit the official website of the call: